Want to ask me a question? E-mail me at nannyviews.gmail.com! I'll do my best to get back to you promptly. Please specify if you don't want my answer to appear on this blog.

Sunday, March 31, 2013

I am now a CPST!

I am pleased and excited to announce that I am now a Certified Passenger Safety Technician! I have the ability to inspect car seats for proper usage, install different types of car seats in different types of cars, and educate parents on how to install and use their car seats properly.

This certification involves taking a class (spanning several days) that goes over all the different components that may be involved in installing a car seat (different seat belt types, different LATCH attachments, different harnesses, etc). There are over a million combinations possible when installing a car seat in a car. A tech has to be able to understand the different components, and put them together to make a safe install. Then be able to teach the parents how to do it safely!

80% of car seats are installed or used incorrectly. To find a tech near you, or to become a tech visit http://cert.safekids.org/

No comments:

Post a Comment