Want to ask me a question? E-mail me at nannyviews.gmail.com! I'll do my best to get back to you promptly. Please specify if you don't want my answer to appear on this blog.

Saturday, June 9, 2012

Perambulators


You look at a traditional pram (not a bassinet add-on for a luxury stroller, but an old world pram), and think, "That is gorgeous. I wish I had an estate I could push that on." Not because you'd need an estate to afford one (which you might), but because the act of pushing one of these would make you feel like a duchess. Or at least the governess of the future duke.

I used to think that there would be little point in owning a coach built pram apart from the aesthetic point. What was the point really? You spend a lot of money on a stroller that has little practical application in the real world, and that could only be used for a few months (unless there is a toddler seat available). Yet, if you add up the uses of a pram, it really isn't a bad purchase after all.

  • It's your stroller
  • It would take the place of a bassinet
  • It would take the place of a playpen/travel cot
  • It's a baby seat
  • It's your bouncy seat
With all those uses, why not have a pram? If you bought all high quality items, you would equal out the price of one nicely built pram. 

No comments:

Post a Comment